Passion for souls was taught by Pastor Sylvester Obinna on the 6th of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
In the short exhortation He gave, he made mention of the following important points
1. You must be born again – John 3:3
The foundation of being passionate for souls is that you must be born again. This is because you cannot give what you don’t have.
2. You need to have a relationship with God
- Relationship with God is key.
- It supercedes mere religion or being a church worker or just being nice to people. it’s about a personal relationship with God.
- It is in the place of personal relationship that God speaks to us.
- Walking with God is far more important than working for God.
- John 3:3-8
3. You need to be passionate for God – Mark 12:30
- You cannot be passionate about souls if you are not passionate about God
- Everything about you has to revolve around God. You must come to that place where you are “fanatical” about God.
4. Be Passionate about your local assembly
- Be a brand ambassador of Shouts of Grace Center (your local assembly)
- Be proud of your church
- Push your church at people
- Luke 16:12
5. Be an Intercessor – Genesis 18:20-30
- Pray for the unreached, pray for those who have not been saved.
- You have to conquer in the spirit through prayers before you go out for outreach or evangelism.
- Don’t write off anybody, no one is beyond saving.
- Jesus died for every man. The blood of Jesus should not waste over anybody so it’s important we intercede regularly for souls.