Sade has been abused since she was young. Almost everybody who met her wanted to abuse her. From her cousins to her Uncles, and then to the gateman. From fellow schoolmates to friends and neighbors, it has been the same story. It is as though she has a magnetic entity in her body that draws people filled with lust.
She got born again and the story did not change. She is completely frustrated and did not what to do. At the root of it all, she discovered she has grown to a point where she actually entertained herself with abusive thoughts. She looked forward to being abused unconsciously and she would often position herself in such scenarios by following guys she barely know to their homes for sex romps
Well, the main issue about Sade’s problem is that she has an addiction; and it is called sex addiction. She thought she was just being an emotional person. But she is wrong.
It is even possible she has not yet slept with anybody, aside from all the touch and kisses, and yet be sex addicted. This is because not all sex addicts need to have sex to feed their addiction, they only need to fantasize.
Such people can have sexual pleasure by just viewing pornography, by thinking about a certain person that has been tattooed into their brain, by a certain object or image they have photographed into their brain.
The brain has then attached sexual pleasure to these persons, objects, or fantasies such that all they need is a thought away. And of course, because this is dominant in the brain, anytime an opportunity presents itself to express these carnal thoughts, they simply give in. This is why such people often say they cannot say No.
Such people will certainly need a form of therapy in addition to the renewal of mind exercises that is persistent to become free. I will write more on this in the ensuing days.
If you find yourself in such a scenario and you believe you need help, you can send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a WhatsApp message via +234 802 350 7395 for private premium therapy that can be of help.
Have a great day.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY I am free from all forms of emotional addictions.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY Oh Lord, deliver me from all forms of emotional addictions.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Rom 12:1-2 (NKJV)I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Yesterday, we began this discussion on how to confront addictions and bad habits.
We mentioned three points:
1. Be honest with God 2. Nail down a stake 3. Connect with God’s power
Here is the conclusion.
4. Renew your mind This is absolutely important. How do you renew your mind? By reading and studying God’s word regularly.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2 KJV)
Here is Message translation:
Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
5. Focus your eyes You need to focus your eyes and stop all the bad habits. For example, if you view pornography on your phones or tab which leads to other Jeru trip, simply stop viewing those things. Don’t walk down to a cyber-café, knowing what will happen there.
6. Control your body Put your body under. Your body is not supposed to be giving direction or instructions. Your body is supposed to take instructions from your recreated human spirit.
7. Confide in a friend/mentor Have somebody you trust that you can talk to. Sin is perpetuated in the atmosphere of secrecy. Whatever you expose loses its power. Make sure you have somebody you can confide in.
8. Avoid tempting situations Do not go to compromising areas. Do not feed your weaknesses. While trying to fix a bad habit, it is a wrong time to attend a night party. If you have a problem with Jeru trip with a certain guy or lady, then don’t pack your bags to go and spend the weekend there! If you have issues with a married man or woman, stop picking the calls and stop going with him or her to Guesthouses!
9. Press on despite failures One mistake, while you try to stand straight, does not end it all. Press on, and never give up in your resolve to destroy what is attempting to destroy you. A just man may fall seven times, but He rises up again. He doesn’t stay down!
10. Go for total victory. Go for total victory because victory is in your DNA. You are designed to win. Jesus won on your behalf.
I pray for you this morning, you will not fail and you will not miss it. I declare your courtship/marriage blessed this day! You will not be cut off in the midst of your days. You will fulfill your destiny. I curse every distraction in your life. I come against every militating spirit against your destiny. I cancel every handwriting and ordinance against you. I break and severe you from every strange soul ties and I proclaim your freedom this day in Jesus name. Whosoever the son shall set free shall be free indeed, so I proclaim you free in Jesus name!
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY I am helped by God to confront addictions.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY Lord, give me the strength to confront any known addiction in my life
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Job 31:1 KJV I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY Decide to stop all forms of compromise and confront addictions slowing you down