Twenty Two Things We’ve Learnt In Twenty Two Years
Today is our wedding anniversary! It has been God o! Literarily.
And the way the years moved so fast? Like it has been twenty two years! Twenty two long years!
Even though, it kind of looked so fast, I can assure you it has been a long marital road. However, I can also tell you this of which I am sure of, the long road of our marital journey is laced with mercy!
Lam 3:22 (MSG)
GOD’s loyal love couldn’t have run out, his merciful love couldn’t have dried up.
We travelled on mercy. We had junctions of His favour! We had stops where angels ministered to us. To God be the praise!
Here are a few things things I have learnt that may help you in your marriage
1. Pray a lot as married couples. Do everything in prayer. The battle is intense, but God has all the power.
2. Stay close to each other. Do not allow a third party to break your bond.
3. Get a marriage mentor that you can speak to from time to time. Very important.
4. Be open and honest with each other. Avoid unnecessary secrecy.
5. Be faithful to each other. Avoid emotional affairs. Do not starve your spouse emotionally.
6. Be quick forgivers. Forgive quickly and avoid strife like a plague
7. Be friends. Laugh a lot. Play with each other. You need that to live long
8. Do not allow anything to steal your joy. Keep your joy intact.
9. Do not deprive each other sexually. Satisfy each other and never refuse yourselves. Sex is never a tool of punishment or a reward system. It is simply an obligation
10. Decide to be sacrificial. Live to please each other. That is what marriage is all about.
11. Never stop communication. Do not give each other silent treatment. Crack jokes a lot and play together
12. Give a lot. Work hard and trust God for His favour upon the works of your hands.
To be continued tomorrow.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I celebrate my spouse today and always
PRAYERS FOR THE DAY
Oh Lord, increase my passion for my lover.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Celebrate your spouse
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan