So basically, today is our wedding anniversary! It has been twenty-two years! God has been good. God has been good over us and our children.
It has not always been an express road with so smooth a ride, but it has been one filled with bumps and pot-holes!
However, our marital vehicle did not break down! God kept us. At some times, the engine nearly got knocked, but God did not allow it.
Below are twenty-two things we have learned in twenty-two years of marriage
1. God leads. He always does. Finding out His Will for your life is the most beautiful thing you can do.
2. God’s mercy is real. Without that mercy, nothing remains, really. That is why we are alive! That is why we have not been consumed.
It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.Lam 3:22 (KJV)
3. Communication is key. The absence of it can lead to the marital life being maimed.
4. Become friends before becoming lovers. Don’t jump. Follow the process.
5. Prayers are important. Talk to God about everything. I mean everything.
6. Be a voracious book reader. Read like your life depended on it.
7. Start your day with His word. That day will be blessed.
8. Loose living and an indisciplined sexual life will always terminate in regrets.
9. Get ready for the conflicts that come from male-female differences. Read ahead and be prepared to handle them.
10. Stay honest. Stay on the side of truth. The truth will always set free.
11. Be open with each other. It’s naked and not ashamed.
12. Be sacrificial. Seek to please your partner. That is the simple definition of marriage. Seeking to please him or her. You see, after pleasing God, the next person to please is your spouse.
To be continued tomorrow.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will not miss it in marriage.
PRAYERS FOR THE DAY
Oh Lord, increase my passion for my lover.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan