Hello dear, welcome to another time of learning God’s word. Today we will be looking at how to believe God for things. But before we go into that, I trust that you have learnt a lot from these devotionals. Do well to tell your friends about it. It is always good to be in a circle where you all feed on the same thing.
Today’s topic is a very important one, I want to show you how to believe God for things and receive what you believe him for.
God wants you to have what your soul desires even as children, but just like adults, you have to trust and believe him for it.
Have you ever heard of the word FAITH? The bible says without it, it’s impossible to please God. The bible gives the definition of faith. It can be found in the book of Hebrews.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1 (KJV)
Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. It assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.
God’s desire is for us to walk in faith, because faith is a journey, he wants you to begin by believing him for a bicycle and then grow into believing him for a house or a car for your parents.
What does it mean to have faith?
Let me give you a practical example. I know as little children, one of the things you desire to have is a bicycle. Now how do you believe God for it?
1. You pray and ask God for it Once you pray, believe that God has heard you.
2. Find a bible verse that assures you of what you have received
3. Believe that God is able to give you what you have requested for.
4. Regardless of how long it takes, be sure that you will get it.
5. Don’t allow doubts, the devil or anyone around you to talk you into believing that you are wasting your time.
6. Thank God for it and be conscious of what you have received with hope that it will soon be manifested.
If you follow this through, regardless of how small your faith is, soon you will believe God to help people around you with sicknesses and diseases.
Hoping to hear your testimonies from what you have learnt.
Every marriage that seeks to fulfill the mandate of Heaven must seek to do these 3 things.
Every marriage, especially the ones ordained from heaven has a mandate to fulfill. This mandate requires a lot of focus and hard work. A lot of things will be screaming at you to give up pursuing your mandate.
Joyce Meyer said in one of her videos that thank God Dave never gave up on her too quickly. Was Dave frustrated? Yes. Did it seem like it was not worth it? Yes. What if Dave and Joyce had given up on themselves and their marriage? Saying the road was too though? Thank God they made it and are fulfilling the mandate upon their marriage.
Let’s go through these three important things needed in every marriage.
1. Accept your spouse.
In accepting your spouse you accept everything about them, their weaknesses, strengths, challenges, background, past, present future, their body makeup, etc. It is a full acceptance. Once you are married, you are into that person fully.
Someone said, my husband talks a lot, he snores, he is slow… oh good. It’s a whole package.
2. Believe in your spouse. You not only accept your spouse but you also need to believe in them. Believe they can get better. Believe they can change. Believe their weaknesses can become their greatest source of strength. Believe there are some ‘good’ in them. Believe God’s Mercy will find you and your marriage will work out.
3. Confess your love for your spouse. This is so powerful because our confessions are so powerful. If you make it a habit to confess and declare those things you want to see in your spouse and in your relationship. The more you confess your love for your spouse the more your love for him/ her grows. Don’t confess what you don’t want to see or experience in your marriage. Continually fill your mouth with positive things concerning your spouse and your marriage.
God bless our marriage
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY My marriage will fulfill God’s Mandate on it.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY Lord, help to focus on my spouse
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY I begin to put to practice what I have learned