Here are practical ways to do this.
1. Know that your spouse is so very special before God. He/ she is costly and bought with the precious blood of Jesus. Jesus would have come to die for your spouse.
2. Do not yell at your spouse. You may be angry but never yell.
3. Allow freedom of expression. It is okay to be different; that is why you married in the first place. Men and women are meant to be different.
4. Let your spouse feel safe, secure and trusted by building mutual respect.
5. When you have opposing opinions which will happen most times, you listen. Your listening shows respect.
6. Respect that your spouse is worth listening to. He/ she has something vital to bring to the table.
7. Allow healthy space when it is needed, it shows respect. Let your spouse be by him/herself, have her own friends, her own things et cetera
8. Do not control one another. Your relationship is unhealthy when there is the slightest control. God asked us to love, not control. Jesus never controlled the church.
9. Both spouses should admit once they are wrong and sincerely seek for forgiveness. Swallow your pride and admit you are wrong and apologize.
10. Never treat one another shabbily, in private or public. Show appreciation for every little thing your spouse does. Don’t take each other for granted.
What other ways can you show respect to your spouse?
I will be expecting your replies in the comment box.
God bless our marriage.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I am submitted to my spouse.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, teach me how to submit to my own spouse.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Ephesians 5:21(KJV) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Are you submitted?
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan