This article is continued from yesterday.
A few things to note:
1. Let the leadership of the church be in the know with your decisions. Not with the intent of manipulating you, but to provide counsel relating to your decisions.
2. Don’t join a church for the sole purpose of getting a guy or a lady. Go there because you want to serve God.
3. Serve God genuinely and get busy for Him. When you get busy for God, God will get busy for you.
4. Let the pastor know before you ask a lady for her hand in marriage. It helps you to be orderly about it. In one of the churches where I had pastored, a guy went to propose to a lady who is already married with child. This could have been avoided if he went about it the right way.
5. Before you say ‘Yes,’ tell your pastor about it. Ask questions about him, what he does and where he is coming from. Imagine this kind of conversation:
Lady: Pastor, I will be getting married next month.
Pastor: Good. To who?
Lady: His name is Buddy
Pastor: What does he do?
Lady: I don’t really know… I think business.
Pastor: Is he born again?
Lady: He said so
Pastor: Where does he worship
Lady: ehmmm…I have forgotten the name of his church
Pastor: Is he a worker in his church?
Lady: He said he will start after marriage
Pastor: Does he drink?
Lady: He said he has stopped…. except for small stout for his health.
And so on.
Is this lady doing the right thing? No! You don’t fall in love with strangers! This is why weddings are canceled a few days before the proposed date.
6. Let God guide you, not your feelings alone. Feelings come and go, but God’s word will endure forever.
7. Become friends first. Let it grow. Don’t go and tell somebody you met two hours ago that you are in love. You cannot love somebody you don’t know! There is a difference between love and lust.
8. If a guy in church who is active or who is a leader is asking for jeru trip, disconnect from such a person, or you will soon yield to the pressures. You don’t visit such a person at home! Definitely, something will happen.
For those in courtship, do you find yourself in a situation where you think you might have made a mistake? Well, you need to stop afflicting yourself. What you need to do now is the way forward and not some regretful emotions. Get into a prayerful mode and ask God to intervene. Seek counsel from your pastors and mentors as well. God will surely send help to you and make everything new for you.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will not fall in love with the wrong person
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Ask that God opens the eyes of your understanding
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. (Psalms 143:10 KJV)
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Review your relationship
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan