What To Do If Your Romantic Partner Turns Cold. One of the most frequent questions expressed by a number of folks I counsel is the one mentioned above. It’s possible to avoid having a spouse who is hot right now but frigid afterward.
He has changed, pastor.
“Pastor, I had no idea he was this way.”
“Pastor, he was a leader in the fellowship before we were married, but he no longer attends church anymore.”
“Pastor, he was so lovely when we were courting, but now he beats me up!
“Pastor, I never met him; our courtship was far away.”
And so it goes on and on.
What went wrong along the road, though?
2Pe 2:20-22 (MSG) If they’ve escaped from the slum of sin by experiencing our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ, and then slid back into that same old life again, they’re worse than if they had never left.  Better not to have started out on the straight road to God than to start out and then turn back, repudiating the experience and the holy command.  They prove the point of the proverbs, “A dog goes back to its own vomit,” and, “A scrubbed-up pig heads for the mud.”
There is nothing as frustrating as starting out on a romantic lane and winding up on a lifeless unromantic corner! Here are a few things to keep in mind.
What To Do If Your Romantic Partner Turns Cold
1. Meeting someone at church does not guarantee that he or she is a sincere child of God or that you will escape all problems in your marriage. On the other end, a person may be very spiritual and yet very unromantic! That a person has finished the Book of Romans does not mean they understand what romance is! Always seek advice before getting entangled with somebody. If you are married already, ensure you have your marriage under mentorship and accountability! This is important!
2. Learn everything you possibly can. Get marriage assistance and free Christian guidance online to avoid marital disaster. On Kisses & Huggs Club, for example, we give free Christian counsel for singles and married couples, and you may get marriage advice through our daily REVIVE Devotionals, Daily REVIVE Conversations, Daily REVIVE Prayers, and a variety of other online resources. Don’t go into a marriage clueless and believing anything!
The reason your spouse is not romantic is not that they are wicked. They simply just do not know how to! They never saw it growing up. Whatever was not modeled to them had to be learned deliberately! And that requires some effort in admittance and willingness to change!
3. As a marriage counselor for many years, I can confidently state that some people truly love the Lord, yet there is a reversal along the path. This could be due to a negative influence, a change in surroundings, or the pressure that comes with it. Many people want to be committed to their marriage and really be romantic, but wrong influences show up along the way! You want to choose your friends carefully and make sure they are on the same page as you because they will eventually influence you!
I will stop here this morning!
Are you aware you can Partner with our Ministry or give your tithe/offerings? Send a Whatsapp Message to +234 8023507395 and the details will be sent to you OR simply GO HERE. Blessings!
Subscribe by E-Mail
Vent anonymously, disclose that age-long secret, talk about past abuses and free your mind, open up on marital issues anonymously and seek advice, and so on. All are done anonymously! Questions are answered during REVIVE CONVERSATIONS by 9.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Vent or Ask Questions Here – https://khcng.com/vent
To get Involved, join as applicable:
Join SINGLES’ Hub
Join COUPLES Hub 2
- Revive Prayers (6.00am daily) – Pray Now!
- Revive Conversations (9.00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays). See Episodes HERE
- Revive Healing Time (9.00pm Friday)
- Singles’ Hub Discussion (7.00pm Saturdays)
- Couples’ Hub Discussion (9.00pm Saturdays)
Follow on these handles to join the program:
Latest on Vents, Secrets, Issues, and Questions
Join our Telegram Channel here to get updates
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel Here
CHURCH: Shouts of Grace Nation Ibadan
Latest From REVIVE Conversations – 9.00 pm Daily
Latest From REVIVE Prayers – 6.00 am Daily
Latest From Healing Services – 9.00 pm Fridays
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Latest From Shouts of Grace Nation
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan
After Registering, Join Mon-Fri Zoom Training and Live Trading Sessions Dubai Time-5.00pm, Nigerian Time – 2.00pm. As a Tafabot member, you gain access to live trading sessions, hosted by Tafabot CTO and fintech trailblazer, Samuel Benedict.