Valentine’s Wisdom For Married Couples. There are so many stories about who valentine actually was. Here is one of the prominent stories.
He was a Roman priest during the 3rd century A.D. Emperor Claudius II was the king at the time. He decided to ban marriage, because of the notion that unmarried soldiers fought better than married soldiers. Valentine secretly officiated marriages. He was eventually found out, arrested, and imprisoned. He was then beheaded and he became a martyr by the Church because he gave up his life to perform the institution of marriage.
By the 5th Century, Pope Gelasius declared the 14th of February to be Valentine’s day!
Well, today is no longer a sacred day as it were! In the lives of some ladies, today would probably be the saddest day of their lives. To some others, it would be the day they would be introduced into the world of sexual compromise! A lot more have penciled today down today as the day they would desecrate the one they profess they love.
Here are a few words for married couples
1. Be faithful with your spouse today. Do not cheat on him or her.
2. If you have quarrels, today is an opportunity to settle such quarrels. Take him or her out! Apologize, stay humble, and don’t flare up on a day like this.
3. Don’t hide under spirituality. Get something for each other on a day like this. Exchange gifts; not just husbands giving to wives but both ways.
4. If your spouse has traveled for any reason, stay in communication and resist any kind of pressure to compromise!
5. End every strife and stay away from bitterness. If you have been sexually depriving yourselves, try and make up today. Make her happy first, go back to the days you met her. What are those things you did that made her say “yes?” Those are the things to replicate and you will be amazed. Find out his or her love language and speak that language. Your goal is not to get what you want, but to make your spouse happy!
6. Decide to be joyful. Avoid strife. Refuse to be depressed on a day like this. Rather, use the pain you feel to talk to God to move on your behalf.
Tonight, we have Valentine’s dinner for Couples! More details HERE
CONFESSION OF THE DAY
I seek to understand my spouse
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord I receive grace to understand my spouse more
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Celebrate your spouse
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Want To Give A Seed or An Offering?
Ministry Account Details:
Kisses and Huggs Club, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, 0150088032
Give securely via Paypal/Credit Card
Whatsapp & Telegram Community
JOIN BROADCAST WHATSAPP LIST
Save this number to your device – +234 802 350 7395. Send a Whatsapp message with “My name is ………. Add me”
Check Our Premium Resources
You and Your Love Life
Oil For Today: Daily Prayers
Singles. Married. Love. Romance. Sex. God lovers. Kisses and Huggs Club is an outreach to singles and married.