Valentine’s Wisdom For Married CouplesReading Time: 2 minutes
Valentine’s Wisdom For Married Couples. There are so many stories about who valentine actually was. Here is one of the prominent stories.
He was a Roman priest during the 3rd century A.D. Emperor Claudius II was the king at the time. He decided to ban marriage, because of the notion that unmarried soldiers fought better than married soldiers. Valentine secretly officiated marriages. He was eventually found out, arrested, and imprisoned. He was then beheaded and he became a martyr by the Church because he gave up his life to perform the institution of marriage.
By the 5th Century, Pope Gelasius declared the 14th of February to be Valentine’s day!
Well, today is no longer a sacred day as it were! In the lives of some ladies, today would probably be the saddest day of their lives. To some others, it would be the day they would be introduced into the world of sexual compromise! A lot more have penciled today down today as the day they would desecrate the one they profess they love.
Here are a few words for married couples
1. Be faithful with your spouse today. Do not cheat on him or her.
2. If you have quarrels, today is an opportunity to settle such quarrels. Take him or her out! Apologize, stay humble, and don’t flare up on a day like this.
3. Don’t hide under spirituality. Get something for each other on a day like this. Exchange gifts; not just husbands giving to wives but both ways.
4. If your spouse has traveled for any reason, stay in communication and resist any kind of pressure to compromise!
5. End every strife and stay away from bitterness. If you have been sexually depriving yourselves, try and make up today. Make her happy first, go back to the days you met her. What are those things you did that made her say “yes?” Those are the things to replicate and you will be amazed. Find out his or her love language and speak that language. Your goal is not to get what you want, but to make your spouse happy!
6. Decide to be joyful. Avoid strife. Refuse to be depressed on a day like this. Rather, use the pain you feel to talk to God to move on your behalf.
Tonight, we have Valentine’s dinner for Couples! More details HERE
CONFESSION OF THE DAY
I seek to understand my spouse
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord I receive grace to understand my spouse more
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Celebrate your spouse
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Are you aware you can Partner with our Ministry or give your tithe/offerings? Send a Whatsapp Message to +234 8023507395 and the details will be sent to you OR simply GO HERE. Blessings!
Subscribe by E-Mail
Vent anonymously, disclose that age-long secret, talk about past abuses and free your mind, open up on marital issues anonymously and seek advice, and so on. All are done anonymously! Questions are answered during REVIVE CONVERSATIONS by 9.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Vent or Ask Questions Here – https://khcng.com/vent
To get Involved, join as applicable:
Join SINGLES’ Hub
Join COUPLES Hub 2
- Revive Prayers (6.00am daily) – Pray Now!
- Revive Conversations (9.00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays). See Episodes HERE
- Revive Healing Time (9.00pm Friday)
- Singles’ Hub Discussion (7.00pm Saturdays)
- Couples’ Hub Discussion (9.00pm Saturdays)
Follow on these handles to join the program:
Latest on Vents, Secrets, Issues, and Questions
Join our Telegram Channel here to get updates
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel Here
CHURCH: Shouts of Grace Nation Ibadan
Latest From REVIVE Conversations – 9.00 pm Daily
Latest From REVIVE Prayers – 6.00 am Daily
Latest From Healing Services – 9.00 pm Fridays
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Latest From Shouts of Grace Nation
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan
After Registering, Join Mon-Fri Zoom Training and Live Trading Sessions Dubai Time-5.00pm, Nigerian Time – 2.00pm. As a Tafabot member, you gain access to live trading sessions, hosted by Tafabot CTO and fintech trailblazer, Samuel Benedict.