What is dating? What are the reasons for dating? What are the goals of dating?
One way to know what a thing is, is by knowing what it is not. Let’s take a look at what dating is not first.
1. Dating is not fun. I hear Bishop Keith Butler say this.
2. Dating is not going to the movies! Some of you will not agree but wait till we get to what dating really is.
3. Dating is not attending an event together.
4. Dating is not some one night stand.
5. Dating is not sleeping over in his or her place
6. Dating is not sexual. It does not involve jeru trip
7. Dating is not cooking for him regularly.
8. Dating is not spending a lot of money on her.
9. Dating does not involve kissing, smooching et cetera
10. Dating is not praying together.
What then is dating?
1. Dating is an appointment between two people (not in a hotel or some guest house)
2. Dating is a meeting to conduct a long-range interview with the purpose of knowing a person.
3. The purpose of dating is to eliminate all surprises eventually if a romantic relationship ensues.
4. Dating seeks to know the person, not the body.
5. Dating is a discovery of who the person is, not what is under the clothes.
6. Once jeru trip is involved, the mind enters into confusion and you can no longer trust your judgment.
7. Dating seeks all information as regards the person in consideration, medical, spiritual, and all.
8. Dating helps you not to fall in love blindly.
9. Dating is perfectly okay for a child of God. However, meeting in his place or at some ungodly hour is not dating! When you are in a guy’s territory, anything can happen.
10. Finally, after dating, take everything back to God. Do all of this before any emotion is involved and let God guide you by His peace!
God bless your relationship.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will not be deceived
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, guide me by your shepherding grace
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
2Ti 2:22 (KJV) Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Talk to God every step of the way
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
REVIVE – Morning Devotion Prayers For Today
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan