Principles of Relationship was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 23rd of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
In his teaching, Rev. Dunamis made mention of the following important points:
- Marriage is all about principles. If you are a born again Christian and you don’t work the principles, you will have a very good spiritual life but a very bad marriage.
- A wife must submit to her husband, and a husband must love his wife.
The Principle Of Timing
- God has a timetable for every man.
To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NKJV)
- Life is not lived anyhow, accepting whatever comes. It is lived by deliberately following principles.
- You can’t get busy for God and God will not get busy for you.
- You must deliberately pray not to miss your timing.
- Every relationship/marriage has a purpose.
- When you plan with God and follow Him squarely, you can’t make mistakes.
The Principle Of Crucifying The Flesh
Nobody succeeds in marriage without dying to the flesh. When you carry your flesh into a relationship, you will mess things up.
The flesh is designed to stop you from co-operating with God.
- Inability to forgive is flesh
- Double dating is flesh
- Having an affair outside marriage (adultery) is flesh.
When the flesh is not put to death, it gets you in trouble. The flesh is stubborn; so you don’t negotiate with it! You just kill it!
The broken becomes masters at mending. When you overcome something (lust, smoking, bitterness, etc), you receive a special anointing to also help people overcome that thing.
The Principle Of Attraction
- Don’t marry a person you are not attracted to.
- You need someone you can focus on; someone you desire.
- Don’t marry him because he has money; marry someone you are attracted to.
- The absence of attraction is the beginning of deep seated issues.
- The attraction must be mutual; otherwise it is dangerous.