The Pathway to Rest was taught by Pastor Ogbonnaya Akpoke on the 21st of Febraury 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
To Listen to the audio of this message, kindly go HERE or HERE
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.Jeremiah 6:16, KJV
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.Psalm 46:10, KJV
For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength: and ye would not.Isaiah 30:15, KJV
8 And he tarried seven days, according to the set time that Samuel had appointed: but Samuel came not to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him. 9 And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering. 10 And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him. 11 And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash; 12 Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering. 13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.1 Samuel 13:8-13, KJV
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.Proverbs 4:20-23, KJV
- If you desire results there is a path you must walk-in.
HOW TO GET RESULTS
- STAND: don’t be hasty in going in any direction.
- Be still! you are not meant to take rash decisions when we are faced with many options; we are to remain still until comes to pass in our lives.
- We must learn to stand still and hear.
- The voice of God brings confidence manifestation..
- SEE AND ASK: If we don’t see and hear we will have died.
- We must pay attention. It takes deliberateness to hear and to see.
- It’s only when you see that you’ll know where to go if not we will make a mistake
- WALK THEREIN: If you are not careful to walk therein you won’t get results. it is not your duty that you are blessed.
- What are you doing with want you’ve heard and seen?
- The blessedness is not in the hearing and seeing, but in his doing
- If you’ve been waiting and God hasn’t said anything, it means its not yet time
- God’s rest is in stillness/quietness get anything in life if your soul is too busy and not at rest.
- Productivity comes from the rest.