Passion for Souls was taught by Pastor John Oluwawalemi on the 6th of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
To Listen to the audio of this message, kindly go HERE or HERE
In his short message on Passion for souls, he made the following points
- John 15:8 – God wants us to be fruitful. One of the areas we are fruitful as believers is in the area of soul-winning
- Being fruitful brings pleasure to God
- John 15:16 – God wants us to bear fruits and wants our fruit to remain. This means God wants the souls we win to be established and remain in him.
- There are blessings and rewards that come with being a soul winnder
Reasons For Soul Winning – Why Should We Be Soul Winners?
1. Soul wining is the heartbeat of God
- A person cannot be passionate for God without being passionate about what God is passionate about – Souls
- John 3:16
- What is that thing that you can give up to ensure souls are saved?
2. It is the great commission – Matthew 28:18-20, 20:16
- God does not want anyone to go to hell, so God is sending us as believers to the ends of the earth.
- God has given us a mandate, an instruction to win souls.
- The great commission is an instruction and not a suggestion
- Wherever you are be a soul winner, be an heaven influencer.
3. God has called and created us for the good work of winning souls – Ephesians 2:10
- You were saved so others can be saved
- Once we are saved, we don’t get raptured immediately because God want’s us to get engaged in the work of winning souls and reconciling people back to him.
4. It gives joy and energizes the believer – Luke 10:1-3, 17
- There is a joy that comes with soul-winning
- There is a joy that comes when we fulfill purpose
- soul-winning is the purpose of the believer
5. It earns you the right to kingdom promotion – Luke 19:17
- There are certain things that God will not allow to happen to soul winners
- One of this is that a soul winner cannot die untimely