Overcoming The Stronghold Of The Mind was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 27th of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan. This was during the second service of the day.
In his teaching, Rev. Dunamis made mention of the following important points:
- You can’t afford to be careless as a child of God. The sooner you realize that we are fighting against principalities and powers, the better for you.
- The belt of truth is the application of God’s Word.
- Righteousness (Right Living) is what covers your heart. When you do wrong, your heart becomes exposed to the vile of the enemy.
- What happens or goes on in your mind will eventually play out in your life.
- Fiery darts are arrows shot at your mind – lustful thoughts, evil thoughts, etc. They are not physical; they are spiritual.
- What you meditate on is what you see. Negative thoughts will always come, as long as you are in the days of your flesh. The only way to stop thinking permanently is to remove your mind; but we both know it is not possible. Therefore the only way out is to cast down those thoughts as they come.
- It is your responsibility to cast them down; and casting down is a forceful, violent exercise.
- You don’t negotiate with negative thoughts or the devil. You cast them out. That’s where ‘Overcoming The Stronghold Of The Mind’ comes in.
- You can only conquer negative thoughts by using the Word of God. Constant meditation on the Word, prayers, and fellowship with God blocks negative thoughts.
- Everything that happens in life begins with imagination; whether you will be wealthy, great, poor or wretched is a function of your imagination.
- Rise and stand!