The issue of in-laws is a very important one. If you have in-laws and they live in the town where you live, proximity should be handled with care.
In laws ought to wish their children the best at least to the best of their knowledge.
I believe it is best before marriage to prepare your heart to accommodate your in-laws in a cordial relationship. It is also good to accept them for who they are.
I am so blessed, when it comes to my in laws. My father, brother and sisters in law are so warm, I couldn’t have asked for anything more.
Both in laws live in another town from us and it’s a blessing (although it has its own disadvantages).
So when some of our married couples begin to say their issues about in-laws I just wonder. Nonetheless, it’s an issue that affects our home and marriage and so has to be addressed.
Here are some helpful hints.
1. It is wrong to discuss your spouse with your parents and in-laws.
2. Getting in touch and staying in touch has to be done by the couple at both ends.
3. If an in-law has to stay with you, it has to be your joint consent. If your spouse is not in agreement, you have to pray about it. Until there is consent, don’t go ahead.
4. If your in-laws need financial support (brother or sister) you should decide together how much you will give.
5. It is your responsibility to send financial support to your parents and in-laws every month or otherwise as the case may be.
6. In the event that a sick parent or in-law has to stay with you, you must give your wife all the support she needs, emotional, physical and financial. Make her comfortable taking care of them.
7. Don’t let any in-law come in between you. You are married and nothing should change that.
8. In case you are parents in waiting, don’t allow the pressures of your in laws to tear you apart.
9. No one should encroach on your privacy. Don’t allow or permit it. You are married to your spouse.
10. You must put your foot down when it comes to protecting your spouse. But you also need the wisdom of God. So make sure you pray for wisdom and God’s help.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I have God’s wisdom
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Pray that God strengthens you to make the right decisions
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Forgive all that hurt you
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
2nd Samuel 19 – 21
Are you aware you can Partner with our Ministry or give your tithe/offerings? Send a Whatsapp Message to +234 8023507395 and the details will be sent to you OR simply GO HERE. Blessings!
Subscribe by E-Mail
Vent anonymously, disclose that age-long secret, talk about past abuses and free your mind, open up on marital issues anonymously and seek advice, and so on. All are done anonymously! Questions are answered during REVIVE CONVERSATIONS by 9.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Vent or Ask Questions Here – https://khcng.com/vent
To get Involved, join as applicable:
Join SINGLES’ Hub
Join COUPLES Hub 2
- Revive Prayers (6.00am daily) – Pray Now!
- Revive Conversations (9.00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays). See Episodes HERE
- Revive Healing Time (9.00pm Friday)
- Singles’ Hub Discussion (7.00pm Saturdays)
- Couples’ Hub Discussion (9.00pm Saturdays)
Follow on these handles to join the program:
Latest on Vents, Secrets, Issues, and Questions
Join our Telegram Channel here to get updates
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel Here
CHURCH: Shouts of Grace Nation Ibadan
Latest From REVIVE Conversations – 9.00 pm Daily
Latest From REVIVE Prayers – 6.00 am Daily
Latest From Healing Services – 9.00 pm Fridays
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Latest From Shouts of Grace Nation
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan
After Registering, Join Mon-Fri Zoom Training and Live Trading Sessions Dubai Time-5.00pm, Nigerian Time – 2.00pm. As a Tafabot member, you gain access to live trading sessions, hosted by Tafabot CTO and fintech trailblazer, Samuel Benedict.
In-laws! May God grant me wisdom to deal with them according to knowledge. Amen
Yes, wisdom is needed.
Lord I pray that you continue to help me deal with my in-laws with wisdom of God. I love and cherish my in-laws.
Amen to that
Great share ma/sir. Thanks so much.
You are welcome
Hmmmm in-laws!! I receive wisdom to deal with them.
I receive wisdom to deal with my in laws.
More grace Ma.
“I believe it is best before marriage to prepare your heart to accommodate your in-laws in a cordial relationship. It is also good to accept them for who they are.”
I have God’s wisdom in Jesus name. Amen.
Thank you ma.