How To Ask and Receive was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 28th of March 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.James 4:`1-6, KJV
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.1 John 3:15, KJV
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.Philippians 4:19, KJV
From his teaching he made the following vital points
- If God makes a promise and it doesn’t come to pass, it is not God, but man because God is not a man that He should lie nor the son of man that He should repent. He says a thing and it comes to pass. Even if it takes a while it will surely manifest.
- Asking requires humility
- Nothing comes to you unless God approves. Everything that will be given to you should come from above. That’s where you seal the deal.
- People who know how to access power from God will go ahead in life.
- When you pass the test, you’ll access your promised land. God takes you through the process to check your heart. He doesn’t want you to serve because of what you can get from Him but because you love Him.
- The reason you don’t have is because you don’t ask. ASK! JUST ASK!
- Nobody gets married without asking.
- Ask based on need, Ask with wisdom and understanding. Don’t ask amiss.
- Need means a necessity. If you have a necessity in your life now, you have a right to ask.
- Everything and anything and beyond that you can ask for in domiciled in God’s riches in glory by Christ Jesus
- Of what benefit is what I’m asking not just to me, but for/to others? Ask yourself this question before you ask for anything or make a request. Check your motives for asking.
- If you are asking with a vow in mind, redeem your vow when your request is granted.
- When you learn not to consume wealth upon your lusts, you are not asking amiss.