Fathers and Fatherhood was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 20th of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
In his teaching, Rev. Dunamis made mention of the following important points:
- The rising of children lie in their fathers
- You are designed to tap into the grace and strength of your father so that you can go farther.
- A simple offence at your covering can cost you your life.
- There ought to be a mutual embrace between the father and the son.
A Father Warns
I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you.1 Corinthians 4:14 (NKJV)
He reprimands you. He disciplines you. He’s not some cheerleader who pampers you.
It’s not everything you obey that you understand, but once you obey, you position yourself for favour.
Anybody that cannot be disciplined is a bastard.
If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.Hebrews 12:7-8 (NKJV)
When you are being corrected, your ego is bruised, but you must heed instruction.
Correction is bitter but the end result is sweet.
A Father Exhibits Humility
It is the responsibility of a father to provide for his children.
A Father Protects
If you are not covered, you will struggle all your life. You don’t fight your pastor; you don’t fight your father.
You have a covering of protection under the person you are submitted to.
A Father Preserves
Your father has authority in his voice.
A Father Provides Priesthood
A father (biological) has the responsibility to take the needs of the family to God. The devil can’t afflict your household unless you permit.
A Father Is A Prophet
The father is a prophetic personality.
It takes your prophet to show you where your prosperity is.
- As a son, you must understand when there is a shift in your father’s life, and when you see it you will get double of the anointing over his life.