Life is a journey that is taken on the road of words. Your words literally will pave way for you to take in life. Wrong words will dig dangerous potholes into the road of life. Negative words will create mirages that look real but offered nothing at the end of the day.
Particularly, the scriptures opined that it is with words that you will bring out the best in your spouse
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water BY THE WORD,  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:25-27 (KJV)
Just like Jesus, you are to speak what you want to see and not what you are seeing. There is a huge difference.
Here are some statements you should avoid saying to your spouse
1. This marriage will never work
2. I hate you will all my heart
3. I will leave you eventually and marry someone else
4. You are such a negative force in my life
5. Since we met, it has been one problem or the other and I know that is what it will be forever
6. One day, I know our marriage will be over
7. I know this is never going to lead to anything meaningful
8. I regret the day I met you
9. There is bad luck hovering around you
10. There is a curse following you and it is affecting me
Avoid any statement that looks like the above. As you begin to train your mouth, your life will come into alignment with God.
I pray that God takes every storm out of your marriage.
I honor you.
Have a great day.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
My words are seasoned with salt.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord, help me to speak the right words.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Colossians 4:6 (NLT): “Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.”
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Watch what you are saying to your spouse
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Giving / Partnership
Deposits: Kisses and Huggs Club
Crucial Courses for Singles and Married
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan