Brokenness was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 9th of June 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
In his teaching, Rev. Dunamis made mention of the following important points:
- Every major blessing and increase begins with you going into yourself to see (to take stock) – Mark 6:38. But you should have it in mind that as you are going to see, distractions will show up; so you must be focused.
- The things (Word) of God is not logically discerned; they are spiritually discerned.
- GO AND SEE means to be detailed (focus on your life)
- Brokenness is the place where you submit your all to God. You don’t play hanky-panky with God.
- There’s no brokenness without sincerity.
- When you are broken, the windows of heaven will open (Gen 7:11), God will be right where you are (Psalm 34:18), God will attend to you (Psalm 51:17), God will use you (Acts 27:25).
- Brokenness is total submission to God; letting go of your bad habits, weakness, etc. When you are broken, you die to the flesh.
- You have to achieve brokenness first if you must get into the fullness of what God has for you.
- You can only be broken if you are thankful (1 Cor 11:24, Mark 6:41)
- Thanksgiving comes before brokenness.
- In order for your blessing to be fully manifested, you must be broken. Your destiny cannot be served, even though you are blessed, until you are broken.
- It takes brokenness not to be angry with God.
- Every time you refuse to be broken, you slow yourself down.
- YOU ACHIEVE BROKENNESS BY THE WORD OF GOD – Proverbs 4:20
My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.Proverbs 4:20-22 (NKJV)
32 total views, 1 views today