Paying the Price was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 21st of March 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. 2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.Isaiah 55:1-3, KJV
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.Hebrews 12:10, KJV
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.Matthew 11:28-30, KJV
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.1 Corinthians 9:27, KJV
“I have made a covenant (agreement) with my eyes; How then could I gaze [lustfully] at a virgin?Job 31:1, AMP
He made the following pertinent points:
- There is a place in God where nations will run to you.
- In the character of God is consistency – God cannot lie, He cannot fail, He cannot change.
- For everything, for greatness in life, there is a price to pay.
- Practice is a price for winning
- Time is the price for knowing God – Do you know God?
- Prayer is the price for anointing.
- Communication is the price for a good marriage
- Fidelity is the price for the maximum blessing of marriage. It is important to be faithful to your spouse.
- Righteous living is the price for exaltation
- Honor is the price for access.
- Discipline is the price for a life of no regret.
- Seed is the price for harvest.
- Your soul does not change, but it is constantly renewed. The price you have to pay is to contend with your body and mind.
- A quickie is the longest you will ever face in your life, sex is not just for fun, this is because you are not just sleeping with the body, but with the spirit.
- Delaying gratification is the price you will have to pay for fulfilling your glorious destiny. There are people that you will sleep with and will never be able to let go of because it is intercourse – interfering with every part of your body.
- Sex is not bad but should be done within the confines of marriage. Why not wait?
- What price are you ready to pay?
- Will you wait? Pay the Price!
- There is something you are here to solve, but will you be patient enough to follow through in disicpline?
- The yoke of Jesus is the yoke of discipline. It’s not just giving your life to Jesus, there is a price to be paid – working out your salvation with fear and trembling.
- Grace can lead you to hell if misappropriated. This is where grace can be dangerous. Grace is not a free will to sin, but to deliver us from sin.
- Come into a life of discipline.