Hello dear child, today I want to talk to you about the fear of God! When I say “Fear” I don’t mean being scared of God, rather what I mean is living in a consciousness that God exists and living our lives to honour and respect his words.
God is mighty, he created the whole universe, and can you imagine how great he is?
As his children, he has given us certain commandments to follow; now, having the fear of God is what makes you obey God’s commandments.
These commandments are all listed in the Bible, Love is the greatest of all!
A few of God’s commandments are:
Thou shall not lie!
Thou shall not steal!
What actually makes us keep this, asides from knowing your parents frown at it, is the fear of God!
The Bible places so much importance on the fear of God, such that, it calls it the beginning of wisdom!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. –Proverbs 9: 10(KJV)
Thereyou have it!
Do you want to be wise? If yes, then you have to fear God.
Do you also want a holy understanding? The secret is a life that fears God!
Let me show you another scripture,
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. –Ecclesiastics 12: 13 (KJV)
The bible says here that the whole duty of man is to fear God, and that is the conclusion of the whole matter. Today precious darlings make it a point of duty to fear God always. Be bless. Amen.
PRAYER: Father in Jesus name, help me to fear you at all times.
ACTION PLAN: Obey the word of God always.
DECLARATION: I am a child of God, a fear God, and obey his commandments all the time.
One of the most important things in life is to live a life that pleases God. It’s good to be loved by your parents, and be the best in school, have nice friend and wear nice things, but a righteous life is much more important than all this.
God wants you to always put him at the beginning and end of every decision you make. He wants you to consider what Jesus will do in any and every situation you find yourself.
How do I know this?
Ecclesiastes 12:13 [KJV] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
This is what the Bible says
The end of the matter is to fear God and keep his commandments
In fact, when we do this as little children, God is happy with us and blesses your parents to take better care of you.
1. Fear God.
Live in constant reverence for God. Think of how he will feel if you didn’t care for your friends. Think of how God will feel if you don’t tell the whole truth to your parents. That’s how to fear God.
2. Keep his commandments
Doing what the Bible asks you to do.
Don’t lie. Don’t steal. It’s all listed in the ten commandments God gave Moses. To make it easy for you, love God and honour him and then love your neighbor as yourself. When you love those around you, then you won’t steal or lie to them.
Are you thinking of how to do this? It’s easy with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Just say these words;
Precious Holy Spirit, come and dwell in my heart today and forever. Teach me how to love God and everyone around me, help me to always live a life that pleases God, all this I pray in Jesus name. Amen
Believe that the Holy Spirit is already with you to help you achieve this.
I await your testimonies.
Lord, help me to live a life that pleases you; Amen
Action point: Ask the Holy Spirit for help
Declaration: I am an obedient child in Jesus name, Amen.
In today’s couples‘ devotionals, we will be looking at commandments for all wives on KHC. These “commandments” and principles will be the game changer in your marriage.
1. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, thou shalt love Him and thou shall ensure your relationship with God is intact. Thou shall know that is it is not by power, nor by might but by His Spirit. Thou shall know that it is not about thy beauty, thy carriage, thy acumen, thy intelligence or connections, but by the Lord thy God which helpeth thee.
2. Thou shall not double date. If thou double date, thou shall not have God’s support and favor in thy marriage. Thou shall not play games with your life or destiny. Thou shall not slow thyself down by deliberate disobedience to God’s way of doing things.
3. Thou shall not love another man apart from thy husband. Thou shall not secretly fall in love with another man either in thy heart or reality. Thou shall not practice emotional affairs. Thou shall only love and defer to thy husband for that is where the Lord commandeth His blessings. Thou shall not do anything that will render thy prayers ineffective.
4. If thou art delayed in the area of childbirth, thou shall not because of that compromise or look for other ‘alternatives’ Thou shall know that God has a plan for thy life and that waiting and trusting for that plan is the best to do. Thou shall know and believe that the thoughts of God towards you are thoughts of peace and not of evil.
5. Thou shall not succumb to the pressures at work. In your environment or from those that thou callest friends, thou shall stand as a rock and refuse to be moved. In all that thou puttest thy hands to do, thou shall make up thine mind to do it God’s way.
6. Thou shall not disrespect thy husband. Thou shall defer to him in all things in the Lord, thou shall honour him, and treat him as your head and crown. Thou shall know that if thou disrespect him whom God has set as your head, thou will not be able to enter into the fullness of the blessing that God hath for you.
7. Thou shall not nag thy husband. This is the seventh commandment. Thou shall understand that thou can send thy husband away from thy home when you become contentious.
8. Thou shall not deny thy husband Jeru trip. Thou shall not pretend to have headache or fever when thy husband toucheth you. Thou shall know that thy husband will never be able to love you the way he should if you denieth him at most times. Thou shall not use Jeru trip as a punishment or reward!
9. Thou shall not offer thy body to another man. Thou shall know that that thy body is the temple of the Holy Ghost and God seeth it as sacred. Thou shall hold thy body in dignity and good self- esteem. Thou shall not offer your body in exchange for money. Thou shall not travel to see another man I the name of ‘business.
10. Thou shall learn to dress for your husband at home because he is moved by sight. Thou shall dress well for thy husband. Thou shall understand that a man is moved by sight.
I know there are still a lot more, so you may add other commandments that resonates with you with the comment form.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY I will be or aspire to be a good woman and wife. I obey God’s commandments
PRAYER FOR THE DAY Ask God to mould you into the picture of the woman He has for you
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price (1 Peter 3:1-4 KJV)
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY Decide on steps to take to be the woman that God really wants