Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
- Take these little foxes.
- The foxes are little, insignificant issues.
- Our vines, (marriage) have tender grapes.
When we run marriage with godly principles, it has the potential to yield great results.
I want us to note here that godly principles are not necessarily logical.
Below are some logical reasons why either the wife or husband leave their matrimonial bed
- My husband or wife snores and sleeps roughly. I can’t cope with not having a good night’s rest.
- My wife just put to bed. She needs enough space to nurse our baby.
- I need my privacy, so let’s have separate rooms.
- I need to teach my wife or husband a lesson, as we have not been on talking terms for a while.
- My wife is currently on her monthly period. I will be back when she is done.
However, God’s principles knock out every form of logic you might be thinking of.
- Once married, you are now one flesh. Leaving your flesh in one room is not part of the deal.
Learn to accept the one you married, for love is patient.
- Do not abandon raising your kids to your wife alone. Be with her, especially at night.
- You won’t get any privacy by leaving your spouse in one room and going to another. God frowns at such acts.
- No matter what issues you have, you deal with them by talking. Staying in separate rooms will only make you go apart.
- Having her monthly period is normal. You knew this before marrying her, so stay with her. If you can’t stay with her for 5 days in a month, then you can’t stay with her for life.
God bless your marriage.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY
I will not let insignificant issues ruin my marriage
PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Pray for your spouse
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Songs of Solomon 2:15 (TPT) You must catch the troubling foxes, those sly little foxes that hinder our relationship. For they raid our budding vineyard of love to ruin what I’ve planted within you. Will you catch them and remove them for me? We will do it together.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY
Meditate on Songs of Solomon 2:15 using different translations
BIBLE READING FOR THE DAY
Songs of Solomon 1 -2
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan