Waiting On God By Pastor Dunamis (29th September 2021)Reading Time: 2 minutes
Waiting On God was taught by Rev. Dunamis Okunowo on the 29th of September 2021 at Shouts of Grace Center, Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija-UI Road, Ibadan.
In his teaching, Rev. Dunamis made mention of the following important points:
One of the things you must seek to have during your time of waiting on God is the voice of God. As you wait upon the LORD, you must seek to receive His Word/instruction; for that becomes your compass for the next phase of your life.
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.John 16:13 (KJV)
From this Scripture we see three (3) things:
- The guidance of the Holy Spirit
- The voice of the Holy Spirit
- The revelation of things to come
There are two purposes of the Holy Spirit when it comes to guidance:
- To reveal to you the things in the Bible (the general guidance)
- To reveal to you the things outside the Word of God (the specific guidance)
One of the places you don’t want to get to in life is the place where you can’t hear the voice of the Holy Spirit
The Specific Guidance of the Holy Spirit can come in four ways:
- Through the revelation of the Holy Spirit (in your heart)
- Through dreams
- Through visions
- Through angels
There are three ways the Holy Spirit can speak to you:
- Inward Peace
You don’t hear anything on the outside, but you just know this is what you have to do
- Inward Witness
There is a stronger witness, than inward peace, that this is what you are meant to do.
- Inward Voice
You hear an actual voice on your inside.
The design of God to keep you out of trouble is the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
When you learn to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit, it will help you in giving.
Any time you don’t hear the Holy Spirit, you put yourself in a place where the devil can negotiate your harvest out of your hands.
There are two ways to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit
Fasting without prayer is hunger strike.
Fasting will put down the outward man while prayer will build up the inner man.
Fasting is not just going without food. It is not just taking something out of your life, but putting something in your life (praise, the Word, etc.)
Waiting On God helps you to be able to hear God. It helps you tune in to the frequency of heaven/God.
Things will remain as they are if you don’t gain spiritual strength. And you gain this strength through fasting and prayer.
Some Seasons You Need To Fast
- When fear is reoccurring about the same issue
- When your conscience is seared. (A seared conscience cannot hear the Holy Ghost. Continual disobedience will lead to a seared conscience)
- When you observe a negative behavioural pattern in your life
- When you are about to take a major decision.
Every man must learn to hear God for his family
- When you are sensing a great change
- When you are sensing a new level
- When you are at the point of transition
- When your anointing is waning
- When you are expecting a revival
Some Results Of Fasting
- You will hear God more
- You become more sensitive
- You will heighten angelic intervention
- You get enlargement
- You get deliverance