1. The first thing I want to mention is that everybody knows what his weakness or weaknesses are. You know yours; I know mine.
2. Once you know, it is good for you to acknowledge and accept that there is a weakness.
A lot of people live in denial, never accepting or owning up to what is obvious. It is self-deception, nothing more. Such people can argue with you till tomorrow on what is already too obvious.
3. After you accept that there is a weakness or a particular lust; then you are opened to help.
This is important because you cannot help a man who thinks he doesn’t need help. It is a difficult venture trying to help a man that thinks you are the one that needs help.
4. Having known this, it is important to know that your weakness is not a sin, it is the weakness that you refuse to confront that leads you into sin and becomes a lust.
5. Know in the background that God has made a way of escape for you in any kind of temptation you find yourself, so it is just simple sense that you turn to God and not trust that you can handle it yourself.
6. Tomorrow, we will pick a particular lust and see how we can practically confront it by being accountable in order to deal with it. We will be talking about masturbation.
I pray that God will help you to deal with any issues you have through these practically proven steps.
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY I will fulfil purpose. I will fulfil destiny.
PRAYERS FOR THE DAY Lord, I ask for the grace to deal with my weaknesses practically.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY Practically confront those weaknesses today.
Yesterday, we began this discussion on how to confront addictions and bad habits.
We mentioned three points:
1. Be honest with God 2. Nail down a stake 3. Connect with God’s power
Here is the conclusion.
4. Renew your mind This is absolutely important. How do you renew your mind? By reading and studying God’s word regularly.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. (Romans 12:2 KJV)
Here is Message translation:
Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
5. Focus your eyes You need to focus your eyes and stop all the bad habits. For example, if you view pornography on your phones or tab which leads to other Jeru trip, simply stop viewing those things. Don’t walk down to a cyber-café, knowing what will happen there.
6. Control your body Put your body under. Your body is not supposed to be giving direction or instructions. Your body is supposed to take instructions from your recreated human spirit.
7. Confide in a friend/mentor Have somebody you trust that you can talk to. Sin is perpetuated in the atmosphere of secrecy. Whatever you expose loses its power. Make sure you have somebody you can confide in.
8. Avoid tempting situations Do not go to compromising areas. Do not feed your weaknesses. While trying to fix a bad habit, it is a wrong time to attend a night party. If you have a problem with Jeru trip with a certain guy or lady, then don’t pack your bags to go and spend the weekend there! If you have issues with a married man or woman, stop picking the calls and stop going with him or her to Guesthouses!
9. Press on despite failures One mistake, while you try to stand straight, does not end it all. Press on, and never give up in your resolve to destroy what is attempting to destroy you. A just man may fall seven times, but He rises up again. He doesn’t stay down!
10. Go for total victory. Go for total victory because victory is in your DNA. You are designed to win. Jesus won on your behalf.
I pray for you this morning, you will not fail and you will not miss it. I declare your courtship/marriage blessed this day! You will not be cut off in the midst of your days. You will fulfill your destiny. I curse every distraction in your life. I come against every militating spirit against your destiny. I cancel every handwriting and ordinance against you. I break and severe you from every strange soul ties and I proclaim your freedom this day in Jesus name. Whosoever the son shall set free shall be free indeed, so I proclaim you free in Jesus name!
CONFESSION FOR THE DAY I am helped by God to confront addictions.
PRAYER FOR THE DAY Lord, give me the strength to confront any known addiction in my life
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Job 31:1 KJV I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?.
ACTION PLAN FOR THE DAY Decide to stop all forms of compromise and confront addictions slowing you down