Hello, young “wisdom Scholar” it’s been an exciting time of learning from the King, Solomon. Without doubts, it’s been wisdom all the way.
Let’s pick up from where we spotted yesterday, shall we?
…understanding shall keep thee: To deliver thee from the way of the evil man, from the man that speaketh froward things; Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness; Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked; Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths: -Proverbs 2:11b -15 (KJV)
The bible says once you have wisdom, understanding will keep you.
Understanding implies being able to process wisdom in a way that becomes simple to you.
It’s important that you not only know wisdom but also understand what you have learnt, so you can apply it to your everyday life.
What will this do for you?
1. It will keep you from evil people, just like the bible says. It will keep you from ungodly friends and people that will make you do evil things.
2. It will also deliver you from a person that lies and speaks evil of other people; like gossip.
3. Wisdom keeps you on the path of uprightness, where you do what is right at all times.
4. It will prevent you from walking in darkness; that means you will walk in the light of God’s word always.
5. Wisdom will help you recognize the kind of friends you shouldn’t associate with.
This is enough reason to search for wisdom as God’s children, and how can we get this wisdom? It’s by reading and meditating on the word of God –the Bible– all the time.
Make a commitment today as children, to always read your bibles and listen to your parents. Obey God’s word, and what your Mom and Dad tell you all the time, this is what proves that you have learned wisdom and have understood it.
Father in Jesus name, help me to obey your word and my parents always. Amen
Choose to always obey every instruction given to you by your parents
I am wise, I understand wisdom, and I know the right thing to do at all times.
Read yesterday’s article here
Devotional In Video
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DEVOTIONAL BY E-MAIL
Join Kisses and Huggs Club Community
Extraordinary Services at Shouts of Grace Nation!
Do you live in the city of Ibadan and you don’t have a place of worship yet?
It will be a great honour to have you in our Services.
Location: Joke Plaza, Beside Trans Amusement Park, Bodija – UI Road, Ibadan