President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday sent a list of ministerial nominees to the Senate with the names of some of his former ministers missing.
Ibe Kachikwu, who was minister of state for petroleum in the last dispensation did not make the list.
Also, the former minister of sports, Solomon Dalung, and his agricultural counterpart, Audu Ogbeh, were not part of the list
Others whose names were missing include:
1. Abdulrahman Dambazau, former minister of interior.
2. Barrister Adebayo Shittu (Oyo), who headed the communication ministry.
3. Suleiman Adamu – (Jigawa), minister of water resources
4. Ibe Kachikwu – (Delta), minister of state for petroleum
5. Udo Udo Udoma – (Akwa Ibom), minister of budget and national planning
6. Ibrahim Usman Jibril – (Nasarawa), minister of state for environment
7. Hajia Khadija Bukar Ibrahim – (Yobe), minister of state for foreign affairs
8. Cladius Omoleye Daramola (Ondo), minister of state for Niger Delta
9. Prof Anthony Onwuka (Imo), minister of state for education
10. Aisha Alhassan – (Taraba), minister of women affairs
11. Dan Ali (Zamfara), minister of defence
12. Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia), minister of trade, investment and industry
14. Aisha Abubakar (Sokoto), minister of state, trade and investment
15. Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa), minister of state for agriculture
16. Isaac Adewole (Osun), minister of health
17. Abubakar Bawa Bwari (Niger), minister of state for solid minerals
18. Pastor Usani Uguru (Cross River), minister of Niger Delta.
It had earlier been gathered that the immediate past governor of Osun state, Rauf Aregbesola, was named with other nominees for the ministerial positions sent to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Other members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who made the list include Benue state George Akume, and former minister of transport, Rotimi Amaechi.